OCALA, Fla. (May 20, 2020) – The City of Ocala Recreation and Parks Department will host summer camp June 8 through July 31. Summer camp programs will be offered at the following four facilities:
- Lillian F. Bryant Community Center, 2200 NW 17th Pl., 352-629-8389
- E.D. Croskey Recreation Center, 1510 NW Fourth St., 352-401-3920
- Discovery Center, 701 NE Sanchez Ave., 352-401-3900
- Fort King National Historic Landmark, 3925 E. Fort King St., 352-368-5533
Detailed information about each camp, including how to register and a full list of regulations, can be found at www.ocalafl.org/recpark. Fees and participants ages vary per camp program.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, additional regulations will be in effect for day camp operations this summer:
- Limitations of participants will be strictly enforced at each camp
- Guidelines for drop-off and pick-up protocols must be observed by all participants
- Parents/guardians will not be permitted to enter the buildings
- Temperature and health screenings at drop-off
- Staff will be assigned the same children/groups all week
- No mixing/mingling between groups
- Where practical, children will be seated 6 feet apart and groups will be limited to 10 or less
- All children and staff will be required to wear cloth face coverings
Camp registration will begin Tuesday, May 26 via the online registration tool ActiveNet or by phone. Parents or guardians will need to register weekly for camps. Registration will be on a first come, first served basis. In previous years, parents or guardians were allowed to register campers for all eight weeks at once. This year requires a separate enrollment each week to allow more families an opportunity to participate. The process opens each Tuesday, two weeks in advance of the camp start date and will close at noon the Friday before camp week. Registration will not be accepted after the Friday noon deadline.
The City of Ocala Recreation and Parks department will continue to monitor and modify summer camp regulations based on Centers for Disease Control (CDC), state and local guidelines.
For more information, please call the City of Ocala Recreation and Parks Department at 352-368-5517.