This year’s event will feature two stages and two entertainment zones throughout the downtown area with entertainment and more than 100 vendors.
OCALA, Fla. (Oct. 23, 2018) – Light Up Ocala returns to downtown Ocala Saturday, Nov. 17 from 4 to 9 p.m. The theme for this year’s event is “Here We Glow Again.”
This year’s event will feature two stages and two entertainment zones throughout the downtown area with entertainment and more than 100 vendors the whole family will enjoy. Entertainment will include live music, dance, food, crafts, and, of course, the annual holiday tree lighting ceremony at approximately 6:30 p.m.
- Stage One – Sponsored by Ocala Health and WOCA
- Downtown Square – SE Broadway and Magnolia Avenue
- Stage Two – Sponsored by Florida Hospital Ocala
- Citizens’ Circle – Fort King Street and Osceola Avenue
- Entertainment Zone – Sponsored by Campus USA Credit Union & Insight Credit Union
- North Lot – Corner of NE First Street and NE First Avenue
- Whoville – Sponsored by the Ocala/Marion County Association of Realtors & Watson Realty
- Marion Theatre – Magnolia Avenue and Fort King Street
At 4:30 p.m., the Junior Sunshine Parade will begin at the corner of S Magnolia Avenue and E Fort King Street. The parade will make its way through the downtown area, going past the gazebo, up to NE First Street, then returning to SE First Avenue and E Fort King Street. The parade will include performances from local dance studios, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts Troops, Cup Scouts Packs, a marching band and a special appearance by Santa.
“Whoville featuring the Grinch” also returns to Light Up Ocala this year. Whoville will be located at the Marion Theatre parking lot, 50 SE Magnolia Ave. Complimentary photo opportunities will be available with the Grinch and the Whos of Whoville.
The Let’s Skate Ocala! synthetic ice rink will be located at Tuscawilla Park and will operate through Monday, Dec. 31. Admission is $5 per person for a 30-minute session and includes skates. The rink is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 to 9 p.m., Fridays from 5 to 10 p.m., Saturdays from noon to 10 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 6 p.m.
Free shuttle rides will be available for guests throughout the event:
- The first shuttle will pick up guests at the Marion Technical Institute parking lot, 1614 SE Fort King St., and will drop guests off at the intersection of SE Osceola Avenue and SE Third Street. This shuttle will run approximately every 20 minutes between 3:45 and 9:30 p.m.
- The second shuttle will pick up guests at the Let’s Skate Ocala! synthetic ice rink located in Tuscawilla Park, 500 NE Sanchez Ave., and will drop guests off at the intersection of NE Watula Avenue and State Road 40. This shuttle will run approximately every 10 minutes between 3:45 and 9 p.m.
Free parking will also be available in the downtown parking garage located at 296 SE Broadway St. throughout the event, as well as the County Courthouse parking garage located at 110 NW First Ave. from 3 to 10 p.m.
For more information, please contact the City of Ocala Recreation and Parks Department at 352-368-5517.