This month I would like to again discuss a very important community/law enforcement partnership, CRIMELINE. CRIMELINE is a non-profit organization led by citizens against crime that offers cash rewards of up to $1000 to persons providing anonymous information that leads to the felony arrest of criminals and fugitives. Anonymous CRIMELINE tips are received through a secure tips line or through a secure web connection manned by a professional program coordinator. Each caller is assigned a code number for the purpose of ensuring anonymity. CRIMELINE is based on the principal that someone other than the criminal has information that can solve a crime and was created to combat the three major problems faced by law enforcement in generating that information:
- Fear of REPRISAL
- An attitude of APATHY
- Reluctance to get INVOLVED
CRIMELINE resolves these problems by:
- Offering ANONYMITY to people who provide information about crimes.
- Paying REWARDS when the information supplied leads to arrest.
CRIMELINE’S mission is to increase the safety of the Central Florida community by assisting law enforcement agencies in removing undesirable individuals from the community.
CRIMELINE’s objectives are:
- To FURNISH law enforcement agencies with information on crimes, criminals, and other criminal activity that they would otherwise be unable to obtain.
- To PROMOTE public cooperation and involvement with law enforcement and to reward such involvement.
- To IMPROVE police community relations through increased public awareness.
- To PREVENT crimes before they are committed.
If you have information about a felony crime, then you can call CRIMELINE at…1-800-423-TIPS
If the information you provide leads to a Felony arrest or a Felony warrant being issued, you will be given instructions on how you can pick up your cash reward. The prearranged place to pick up your reward will be known only to you and CRIMELINE.
CRIMELINE’s purpose is to motivate citizens to provide information on felony crimes by offering financial rewards and guaranteeing anonymity.
CRIMELINE’s pledge to you is if information leads to a felony arrest, you may be eligible for a reward of up to $1000. You don’t have to give your name, and your identity will be protected. You may report information through the CRIMELINE website www.crimeline.org or by calling 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Lady Lake Police Department receives tips from CRIMELINE on a regular basis that help us solve crimes. Just remember, we want to know what you know, not who you are.